METHYLATED SPIRITS (METHS) COMMON USES
- Cleans surfaces & floors, sterilising medical and dental instruments and domestic cleaning.
- Glass cleaner - Dilute 1 part Meths with 5 parts water.
- Cleaning wooden floors - Dilute 1/2 cup of Meths with 8 litres of warm water.
- Removes vivid/ink from some painted surfaces.
- Clean burning BBQ starter fuel and fuel for some camping equipment.
- Used in the manufacture of many ethanol cleaning products and cleaning compounds.
- Methylated Spirits is not a “potable” spirit as it includes a denaturant.
- Ethanol MS95WP should be used for similar applications, where an uncoloured, industrial grade alcohol is required.
- Use SDA AMS MS99WP in applications where the presence of water is undesirable.
- Isoproplyl Alcohol can be used when Methylated Spirits is too harsh on plastics and paints. As Methylated Spirits is a primary Alcohol and Isopropyl Alcohol is a secondary Alcohol.
- If you would like to buy Clear Methylated Spirits this is also known as M95WP, see products page under the alcohol category.
Note we are also bulk Methylated Spirits suppliers in New Zealand.
Industrial customers who buy Methylated Spirits are advised to download and read the Material Safety Data Sheet below.
Methylated Spirits sold in: 1 Litre, 2 Litre, 4 Litre, 20 Litre, 60 Litre and 200 Litre Drums.
Need details? Mate, We have you covered.
Contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org